Design Museum London
Design bureau Fabrique developed together with technical partner Q42 the new website Designmuseum.org. The Design Museum in London attracts annually more than 200,000 visitors with exhibitions about graphic design, industrial design and architecture.
“With opening times, ticket sales and a route designation, we serve the 80% of the visitors who seek practical information quickly. We offer the remaining 20% of the visitors inspiration, and we involve them in the museum with magazine-like stories about design and designers.”
The modular pages are functional and due to the full-screen photos also quite visual. The stratified nature of design becomes manifest when the headings, buttons, text and image are slid over one another. The Web shop offers unique limited editions and special products.
The whole website of this unsubsidized museum is action-oriented. “By means of questions and assignments, we invite the 1 million Twitter followers of the museum to make a contribution themselves.”
We will be raffling of five copies of Scrum Book ‘Get Agile!’ – www.fabrique.nl/scrum – among the people who respond for November 19.